Lead Software Engineer (Senior)
Parallel Plaid is a different games studio. We’re small by design. We’re independent. Ambitious. Funded. We have a huge passion for building unique and beautiful games of our own design. We may be relatively new, but we are ready to take the games industry by storm.
We’ve spent the last few months designing and building a strong mobile title, and we’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead our software team. We need someone who is passionate about working in a startup, is an avid gamer, and wants to build an amazing company culture worthy of the best talent in the industry.
As our Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for building main in-game and server architecture, managing all production processes for live deployment and monitoring, and reviewing code for other engineers. As our Team Lead, you will be in charge of daily/weekly/monthly goals, building proper communication, and developing office culture as we work together. You will be the go-to person in the office for everything related to engineering.
We can’t wait to have you on board.
- Collaborate with a small, tight production team to develop mobile games
- Develop clean, optimized high and low level code that follows industries best standards and practices
- Design and implement systems with attention to scalability, performance, and security
- Mentor and inspire other gameplay programmers
- Lead team code reviews for correctness, completeness, and style
- Research new technologies and help architect the technology roadmap
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from design to release
- Understand design and technical challenges unique to mobile games for Android and iOS
- Help build a strong company culture around hitting major goals while having fun in the office and maintaining a healthy work/life balance
- Actively build and participate in community built around Parallel Plaid’s products
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 5+ years of game development experience, preferably mobile
- Development knowledge across multiple areas (gameplay, networking, rendering, animation, optimization, physics, etc)
- Strong understanding of technical constraints related to mobile game development
- Advanced debugging and code analysis skills
- Highly organized and self-directed
- Strong experience with Unity
- Very effective C# and server technologies
- Team management skills and leadership with a proven track record
- Avid gamer
- Desire to work in a small startup that requires everyone to wear multiple hats
- Experience with multiplayer and multiplayer support services (Photon, PlayFab, etc.)
- Previous experience as Lead Software Engineer
Apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.